I haven’t felt like cooking lately.
Haven’t I said that before?
I hope I’m not alone.
Do you ever feel that way?
It’s been an ebb and flow thing lately that comes in spurts.
Not sure if it’s true burn out or if I’m short on time these days.
I do know the pattern seems to be creeping up more and more lately so hoping for a fresh restart once the quieter winter months hit.
In times like this, we all need a quick and easy go-to meal that is super delicious and can be prepped in 30 minutes or less.
Be fair warned that there will be no left overs, this meal always gets gobbled up and the kids literally lick their bowls.
If you are looking to skimp on calories, this may not be the recipe for you.
Our family is a full fat, high protein kind of family because these kind of meals are super filling and satisfying and won’t have the kids back in the kitchen anytime soon after the meal.
Mind you, we don’t eat this heavy of a meal every day but it’s a good one to have in your back pocket when in a pinch.
Roasted Shrimp and Artisan Pasta with Lemon Beurre Sauce
For Pasta (10-13 minutes cooking time):
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat water to boiling before beginning recipe.
- Add 3-4 Tbsp. Kosher Salt to the water. This is key to adding flavor to the pasta.
- Prepare box of pasta according to manufacturer instructions.
- When I say Artisan Pasta, all I mean by that is choose a pasta that has a unique shape such as corkscrew or even egg noodles. It tends to hold the flavor better. If not, no worries – regular pasta such as linguine, capellini works fine too.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare Lemon Beurre sauce.
For Lemon Beurre Sauce (10-14 minutes cooking time):
- 2/3 cup Sauvignon Blanc or a dry white wine can be used too
- 1/4 cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 sticks Cold or Frozen Butter, diced
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Basil or Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes, optional
- In medium saucepan, bring wine, lemon juice, and garlic to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Let boil for approximately 8-12 minutes or until liquid is reduced to approximately 2 tablespoons. [Proceed below to roast the shrimp while lemon sauce is boiling].
- Once sauce has been reduced, remove from heat.
- Add a few pieces of cold butter; whisk until creamy.
- Return pan to low heat.
- Keep adding in additional chunks of cold butter, continuing to whisk until smooth.
- Do not let the mixture come back up to a boil – this is why using cold butter is important.
- Once all the butter is melted and the sauce is smooth, season with salt and pepper and then add in the basil or parsley as well as red pepper flakes.
For Shrimp (approximately 8 minute cooking time):
16 Large shrimp (shelled or unshelled)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Arrange shrimp in a single layer, evenly spaced, on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for about 8 minutes or until shrimp turns pink and opaque.
- Remove from oven and set aside while pasta is finishing up.
- Remove shell from shrimp before adding to dish
OPTION: Thaw bag of cooked frozen shrimp, add to drained cooked pasta and stir over low heat along with sauce until heated through. Serve immediately.
To assemble dish:
- Drain water from pasta once desired consistency has been reached.
- Place cooked pasta in large shallow bowl or dish.
- Place roasted shrimp evenly across dish.
- Carefully pour lemon-beurre sauce across top and serve immediately.
Hope you enjoy.
As always, you can find more at Sharing Our Life, Love and Food.