At the last Super Soul, I shared with the ladies a summary of the Life Reimagined event I attended a couple weeks ago. It was life giving beyond belief so thought I would share some of the highlights with all of you. Below is a summary of two of the talks.
Angela Davis is a world class athlete/motivation coach who inspires change from the inside out. Here is what she had to say while she had us all up and moving, sweating actually!
- Visualize the life you want. You have to see the invisible to do the impossible.
- Set an intention.
- Make deposits in your life. Deposit gratitude, deposit kindness.
- Be clear on your why. Why you work as hard as you do, be clear on your why. Your why should make you cry.
- Push it Up: Put gratitude into the atmosphere, are you grateful to see another day, are you grateful for the breath of your lungs. Attitude of gratitude.
- Your Posture begins to speak before you ever say a word. Stand tall. Your posture speaks to others. You are an overcomer, you are destined for greatness. Your posture is telling us that you are victorious. You are a survivor. You are inspiring us through your posture. To inspire means to breath life into others.
- Pull down on the atmosphere all that you need in this world. Hope, redemption, resilience, faith, love, respiration, renewal, encouragement. Whatever you need is here in this moment.
- Forgiveness is the key ingredient to close the gap between what we are and where we are going. Lay out the offenses and put a stamp on each of them. Your compassion and forgiveness trumps offense.
- High Five Your Neighbor and Tell Them that I appreciate you.
- If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.
- March It Out, Knees High. Don’t go at life half-hearted.
- The way you do one thing is the way you do all things
- You can unlock greatness by the words that you speak. In your husband, in your children, in your family…in your friends.
- If you are curious where your life will be years from now, listen to the words that come out of your mouth, you can unlock the greatness in your own life.
- You are who you think you are. You are EXACTLY who you THINK you are. Your thoughts become your words and your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your character. Your character becomes your destiny. Your destiny becomes your legacy and it all started with your thoughts and what you think about yourself.
- If you have thoughts that aren’t good and pure, exchange those thoughts out immediately.
- Every one of us was called to be a leader. Leaders are at the bottom of the pyramid. A true leader is working to hold and encourage people. They hold them up. Leaders don’t ask for their load to be lighter but their shoulders to be stronger.
- Punch out anything that doesn’t serve you. Punch out the hurt. Get rid of the limitations.
- Be willing to move. Keep moving. Higher our thought process, we are going higher. Punch your way out of heaviness, crawl out of the valley. Fight your way out of the valley. Push and press to a higher level. Push to the high calling on your life.
- Walk out of here different, set yourself free. You are a leader. Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
- Every single one of us has been graced to run your race. You are in your lane, running your race. Don’t look behind you or beside you, look forward.
- Listen to the desire in your heart, that burn in your belly, ‘cause that is what is called PURPOSE. There is a reason why it is there. It’s your time, it’s your season.
- Repeat out loud: I am strong, I am capable, I am necessary, I am courageous, I am a warrior, I am enough. I am….
- Change your mind, change your body, Change your life.
Brad is a New York Times Best Selling author and is one of the only authors to ever have books on the bestseller list for Non-Fiction, Advice, Children’s Books and even comic books. Besides his book, House of Secrets, he is probably more recently know for his infamous TED Talk, “How to Write Your Own Obituary”.
Here are the highlights of his talk:
- Figure out who will remember you and that’s how you will know how you’ll be remembered.
- Separate what you do for yourself apart from what you do for others.
- Your resume will fade with you. What you do for others is your legacy and is what lasts.
- It is what you leave behind for others that counts.
- 4 ways people will remember you:
- Personal Legacy – the impact you have on other people. His story about the teacher (this novel is for you). She had no idea of her impact. Teachers need to know their impact – be sure and tell them. It is often forgotten but an important piece of giving back.
- Family Legacy – How have you impacted your family. He shared a story of mothers and their insane love for their children. His book sold the most in Boca Raton, Florida where his mother lived.
- Community – the legacy you have on your community. Who will remember your name?
- Strangers – the legacy you have on complete strangers. He shared the story of how the make a wish foundation came to be.
- ORDINARY PEOPLE CHANGE LIVES. We are all Clark Kent. We all know what it is to be boring and ordinary and wish we could be something incredible beyond ourselves.
- HIS ADVICE: Go Thank the People Who Have Impacted and Touched Your Life. NOW! Don’t wait another second of another day, tell them now.
- You don’t get to write your own obituary, you get to live your life. Do good, help others, go say thank you. You will not just live a better life, you will live forever.
I was so moved by this talk. Hope you will take a listen to it below.
How to Write Your Own Obituary: